Sunday, July 22 – Saturday, July 28 | All Day
Find shark activities around every corner as we celebrate the ocean’s apex predator. Enjoy special dive shows and programs, expert speakers, and photo opportunities centered on sharks, the sea’s most jawsome yet misunderstood creatures. Shark Week activities are free with Aquarium admission or membership.
10 a.m. – 2 p.m. – DIY “I ❤ Sharks” Bag
Carry your love for sharks everywhere you go by making your own DIY “I ❤ Sharks” bag (while supplies last).
10:30 a.m. – Shark Talks
Considering a career in chondrichthyans? Visit the Recovery Theater to hear all about a day in the life of a shark expert.
1 p.m. – Shark Tooth Dig
What lies beneath the sand? Dig for shark teeth, learn about different species, then take your unburied treasure home with you.
2 p.m. – Ray Enrichment
We are family! Learn how sharks and rays are related, and watch how they react to changes in their environment with special enrichment toys.
3 p.m. – Special Dive Show
Let our divers introduce you to Caretta’s newest tank mates, the sand tiger sharks!
3:30 p.m. – Livestream of Shark Feeding
Join us in the Lower Ocean Gallery to watch dinner time with the sharks. It’s quite the feeding frenzy!
- Find Finzy the Shark in a shark-themed scavenger hunt and claim your prize at our Information Desk.
- Help us name the new sand tiger sharks! Submit your vote any time during Shark Week, and find out if your jawsome name was chosen on Friday, July 27.
- Keep an eye out for insta-worthy photo opportunities throughout the Aquarium. #SCASharkWeek
- Shark Tooth Paddle with Coastal Expeditions | July 22, 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. | Kick off Shark Week with a 3 mile paddle and shark tooth hunt on the beaches of Cat Island!
- The Gills Club with the Atlantic White Shark Conservancy | July 24, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. | Participate in a shark dissection and learn shark biology and lab practices at this free event for girls!