Each year, we receive incredible support from members of communities near and far. Turtle Team volunteers with the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources, local school students, and remarkable individuals and local businesses have helped the South Carolina Aquarium raise nearly $20,000 already this year to support our mission and programming. With contributions from these amazing stewards of our organization, we can grow and evolve the Aquarium’s ability to educate and inspire over 400,000 visitors annually.
Very special thanks to these individuals and groups for their contributions so far this year:
- Members of Garden City Beach SCUTE
- Machelle Morningstar, an Aquarium volunteer
- The kindergarteners from Christ our King – Stella Maris School
- The third grade classes at Mason Preparatory School
- Students from The Cooper School
- Students from Kaleidoscope at Jennie Moore Elementary School
- Alex and Ani on King Street
- The kindergarteners at Ashley Hall
- The kindergarteners from Mt. Pleasant Presbyterian Learning Center
- Allison and Summer Hubbard
- Lale Zinn and Ethan Hall
- Students at Charles Towne Montessori
- Members of Edisto State Park Turtle Team
You can help support the South Carolina Aquarium through your own efforts, too. Let your creativity fly! Are you crafty? Create and sell wearable art. On the sporty side? Organize a run or fitness challenge. Artsy? Donate a portion of your sales, from beautiful pottery to an inspiring canvas. Have a birthday coming up? Ask friends to donate funds, gift cards or wish list items in lieu of gifts.
For more information, call (843) 579-8628. We look forward to hearing from you.