We are thrilled to be open to members and the public! To keep the health and safety of all guests, staff and volunteers a top priority, please adhere to all posted signage about social distancing throughout the Aquarium.
Am I required to wear a face mask?
Yes. Cloth masks or face coverings are required for all Aquarium guests (ages three and up) for Aquarium visits as well as indoor and outdoor Aquarium events. As a scientific organization, it is our duty to keep the health and safety of our guests and staff top priority.
– Guests under the age of three and guests who cannot wear a mask or face covering without assistance should not wear one. If you are unable to wear a mask or face covering due to a medical condition or disability, please see a member of our Guest Services team to receive a wristband upon entry.
– Current Aquarium policy requires all staff to wear cloth masks or face coverings.
– Face shields vs. face masks: Staying consistent with the CDC’s advisement and uncertainty on the effectiveness of face shields, we will continue to require cloth face coverings. See more at this link.
How can I purchase tickets?
We will be doing contactless ticketing with online ticketing sales. Tickets (including required membership reservations) can be purchased at scaquarium.org/tickets. The Aquarium will be open normal business hours from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with the last ticket sold for 4:00 p.m. Tickets are non-refundable. Military, college and senior ticket discounts are currently suspended. Are you having technical difficulties? Call our Customer Service Center at (843) 577-FISH (3474).
I am a member. Do I need to reserve a dated and timed ticket?
Yes. Our members will also need to reserve a dated and timed ticket for their visit by visiting scaquarium.org/member-portal. Are you having technical difficulties? Call our Customer Service Center at (843) 577-FISH (3474).
Our ticketing system was updated on 8/4/20. If this is your first time using the site since that date, please REGISTER in the new system first by clicking here. This will only be required once.
I already have a pre-purchased ticket, but it isn’t dated and timed. What do I do?
Please call our Customer Service Center at (843) 577-FISH(3474) to get a valid ticket for dated and timed entry.
What happens if I can no longer make it to the Aquarium during the time I bought my ticket?
To help us manage capacity, it is important to arrive during your time block. Guests that miss their time should retain their original ticket and can exchange it for a future date and time by emailing email@example.com. Refunds will not be allowed for missed entry times.
If I arrive early, can I enter before the time on my ticket?
We appreciate your efforts to arrive on time and even early. However, in order to limit the number of guests in the building, we will not be able to allow for early entry. Please wait in your car until the time on your ticket. Thank you for understanding.
Does buying a timed ticket mean I can only visit for that hour?
No. Timed tickets have been set up to limit the number of guests in our building based on the average length of our guests’ stay. Please enjoy the Aquarium for the amount of time you normally would. You are not restricted to just one hour.
I am concerned about social distancing guidelines being followed. How are you handling this concern?
Safety is our top priority for guests, staff and animals alike, so we have implemented the following protocols:
– Adding hand sanitizing stations throughout the Aquarium
– Limiting capacity each day and using a dated and timed ticketing system to ensure each guest has the ability to social distance from others
– Placing signage throughout the Aquarium to help guests adhere to these guidelines
– Limiting elevator access and certain touch tank and Shallows stations to one family at a time
– Minimizing high-touch experiences and high-traffic programming
What safety measures are in place at the Aquarium as you reopen?
Safety is our top priority for guests, staff and animals alike. In order to create the safest environment for all, the following protocol is in place:
– Elevating our disinfecting efforts, including ongoing sanitization of high-touch surfaces and nightly deep cleaning
– Adding hand sanitizing stations throughout the Aquarium
– Limiting our building capacity
– Requiring Aquarium staff to wear masks at all times
Are you doing health checks on guests as they enter the Aquarium?
Before a guest enters the Aquarium, we are asking them to adhere to the following:
– If you are sick or have had a fever, please do not enter the Aquarium
– Wash your hands frequently
– Stay at least six feet apart from other guests
– Cloth masks or face coverings are required for all Aquarium guests (ages three and up)
Will you have hand sanitizing stations in places other than in the restrooms?
Yes! Hand sanitizing stations will be located throughout the Aquarium to ensure everyone has ample opportunity to continue practicing safe hygiene.
Can we still purchase a Feed the Animals experience?
We are currently offering our Feed the Rays experience daily at 10:15 a.m. through 4 p.m. each day, while supplies last. Purchase a stingray feeding voucher for $5 at the admission gate or information desk during your next visit.
Are the Gift Shop, nursing station and Sea Turtle Café open?
The Gift Shop and our private nursing station are open. The Sea Turtle Café will remain closed at this time. There will be a limited amount of small snacks available in the gift shop.
Is there a way I can see what areas of the Aquarium are closed and where new hand sanitizing stations are located?
Yes. An updated digital map of the Aquarium can be viewed by clicking here.
Are there any additional health and safety precautions at the Aquarium parking garage?
There are no expected changes to the parking garage payment system. They will continue to perform regular wipe downs of touch points. Garage restrooms are currently “on demand” meaning they are locked with signs posted to see the attendant for access during normal operating hours.
Are you still offering VIP or behind-the-scenes tours?
At this time, we are not offering VIP or behind-the-scenes tours.
Will drinking fountains be available?
For health and safety purposes, the drinking fountains will be turned off. However, the water filling stations near the drinking fountains will be available. We encourage you to bring a refillable water bottle during your visit.
I am a Riverbanks Zoo member. Do I still receive 50% off admission to the Aquarium?
Due to COVID-19, both the Aquarium and Riverbanks Zoo have temporarily suspended reciprocal admissions and discounts.
Was my membership extended for the amount of time the Aquarium was closed?
Yes. All memberships that were active at the time of our closure have been automatically extended for 68 days, the amount of time the Aquarium was closed to the public due to COVID-19.