It’s Spring Break in Charleston, and what better way to spend it than with the fishes! Here at the Aquarium, we have something for everyone from daily dive shows, to hungry otters and even mermaids!
Visiting from Weeki Wachee Springs, Florida, the World-Famous Weeki Wachee Mermaids will delight both the young and the young at heart. Live mermaids will fascinate guests with a choreographed routine to musical numbers in the Carolina Seas tank, located in the Great Hall. The mermaids will perform at the top of the hour from 10 am – 4 pm. daily on:
Friday, March 31 – Sunday, April 2
Friday, April 7 – Sunday, April 9
Friday, April 14 – Saturday, April 15
It’s our mission to provide you with an exceptional guest experience as you enjoy the magic of mermaids. Follow these simple steps to have a great visit:
- Arrive early to see the World-Famous Weeki Wachee Mermaid performances.
- If you are a member and your membership has expired or will expire soon, renew before arriving. Call (843) 579-8518 or visit scaquarium.org/membership.
- If you plan to visit on Saturday, April 1, allow extra time to travel and park. The Cooper River Bridge Run will cause road closures and heavy traffic throughout the Charleston peninsula.
- In the event that our parking garage is full, parking is available at the Gaillard Garage on 32 Alexander St.
If the weekend mermaid shows aren’t your thing, be sure to visit us Monday-Thursday for our daily programs:
- 10 AM – SALTMARSH FEEDING – Head out to the Saltmarsh aviary to see our birds receive their morning meal! Learn how saltmarsh environments protect the Lowcountry and watch as staff feed our collection of rescued native birds.
- 11 AM – DIVE INTO THE GREAT OCEAN TANK – Find out what it’s like to dive in our largest exhibit, the Great Ocean Tank. Interact with a diver and learn how we care for all those fish.
- NOON – ALL ABOUT ALLIGATORS – Join us in the blackwater swamp for All About Alligators! Learn about what makes Alabaster our albino alligator so unique and how American alligators thrive in the Lowcountry.
- 1 PM – NATURE DISCOVERY – This informal program encourages guests to get their hands dirty while making their own natural discoveries.
- 2 PM – DAILY ENRICHMENT – Stop by our Information Desk to check out which animals will be featured for daily enrichment!
- 3 PM – DIVE INTO THE GREAT OCEAN TANK – Find out what it’s like to dive in our largest exhibit, the Great Ocean Tank. Interact with a diver and learn how we care for all those fish.
- 4 PM – ANIMAL ENCOUNTERS – Join Aquarium staff as they highlight our featured creature of the day and help shed some light on some of their wildest adaptations.
Whether you want to watch the ethereal Weeki Wachee Mermaids or learn more about our mysterious albino alligator, Alabastor, the Aquarium would love to be your favorite Spring Break activity!