In order to ensure a safe and engaging environment for all at the South Carolina Aquarium, all Aquarium guests, vendors and employees are PROHIBITED from the following:
1. Any illegal activity.
2. Any activity that affects the health and safety of the animals.
3. Interference with, tampering with or mistreatment of any exhibit or animals.
4. Any improper use of Aquarium facilities or equipment.
5. Violence, threats of violence, fighting, physical abuse or physically or verbally threatening any person or hostility of any kind.
6. All animals, other than Service Animals, are prohibited, except where otherwise specifically permitted. Pursuant to the United States Department of Justice guidelines, only dogs or miniature horses that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities qualify as Service Animals.
7. Attendance by any minor under the age of 13 not accompanied by a parent, guardian or chaperone over the age of 18.
8. Commercial photography, videotaping or recording without prior consent from the Aquarium.
9. Carrying or displaying weapons of any kind, except those carried by authorized law enforcement officers or security personnel in the performance of their duties and by security officials specifically permitted by Aquarium management.
10. Possession of items deemed as prohibited by management, including but not limited to: balloons, skateboards, bikes, scooters, hover boards, Segways and similar devices (unless used as an ADA mobility device), lasers, spray paint, permanent markers, live animals, gum, confetti, glitter, feathers (including boas), seashells, dried marine life, any type of flame candle, shoes with built-in wheels, water guns and drones.
11. Defacing, damaging, destroying or removing any real or personal property constituting part of or located in or on Aquarium property.
12. Failing to wear shoes, pants and a shirt.
13. Displaying or wearing any item that depicts sexually explicit activity, illegal activity or obscene or offensive language; promotes violence; wearing clothing or lack of clothing that is likely to create a disturbance, offends community standards of decency or impinges on the sensitivities of others.
14. Any form of solicitation.
15. Any disturbing of the peace, including any activity that hinders or prevents the enjoyment of guests, hinders work of the employees, affects safety of the animals or disrupts the intended business use of the Aquarium.
16. Any conduct that annoys or disturbs others in the Aquarium, including but not limited to, engaging in noisy or boisterous activities, unnecessary staring, intentional following of someone through the property, stalking, shouting, yelling, screaming, singing, playing musical instruments or the use of any other sound generating equipment, such as radios, (except where permitted during some Aquarium events) that otherwise create noises of sufficient volume to impinge on the hearing or peace of other Aquarium patrons, employees or animals.
17. Using obscene language, obscene gestures or racial, religious, gender or ethnic slurs.
18. Engaging in any sexual activity, including but not limited to, using sexually explicit language, engaging in sexual conduct or engaging in excessive public displays of affection.
19. Any improper use of Aquarium amenities, including but not limited to, sleeping.
20. Gang activity, including wearing of apparel intended to indicate gang membership or to communicate gang behavior, including but not limited to, the use of gang symbols or slogans.
21. Being intoxicated, inebriated and/or possessing or being under the influence of alcohol, any illegal substance or any mood-altering substance, including those prescribed to the individual.
22. Possessing any open container of alcohol or consuming alcohol, except when permitted at official Aquarium events.
23. Fishing on Aquarium property.
25. Littering or discarding paper, glass or other matter of any kind, except in a trash or recycling receptacle.
24. Failure to comply with the implementation of any safety measure, including but not limited to wearing of masks and social distancing, if/when such measures are in place.
This list is not all-inclusive and may be modified at any time by the management of this Aquarium.
This Aquarium is a smoke-free, tobacco-free, marijuana-free, vape-free environment.
Violation of this code of conduct may result in expulsion from this property in addition to any other legal remedies that Aquarium management may choose to exercise. Violators may be banned from future visits to the Aquarium.
This Aquarium is private property, and no rights shall accrue to the public by virtue of the public’s entry into this Aquarium or on Aquarium property. This “Code of Conduct” is not intended to deprive any person of their applicable civil rights or liberties under the law. If you feel your rights are being violated, please notify Aquarium management.
Published March 30, 2022