Looking for the perfect place to make holiday memories? From visits with Santa and fun photo-ops to festive animal enrichment and more, the Aquarium is the perfect place to experience the magic of the season!
Meet Santa at the Aquarium
Santa Claus is visiting the Aquarium this December! Santa wants everyone to have a healthy holiday season, so social distancing is a must to stay on the Nice List. Luckily he’s brought his sleigh, specially designed for 2020 with safety in mind! Masks are required at all times at the Aquarium, even for Santa himself. He thinks this will make these memories even more precious in years to come!
Santa visits will take place on the following dates leading up to the Christmas holiday from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
12/6, 12/7, 12/8, 12/13, 12/14, 12/20, 12/21, 12/22
- Tickets must be purchased online before arriving at the Aquarium. Due to capacity limitations, it is highly recommended guests and members reserve their desired date and time well in advance.
- There will be a “virtual line” for Santa visits. Guests wishing to meet Santa can scan a QR code after entering the Aquarium, fill in simple contact information on their phone and join the “line.” Guests will receive a text message when it is their turn to meet Santa.
- Masks are required during Santa visits to keep all guests, staff and Santa as safe and healthy as possible. Santa will be wearing a mask, too.
- Guests will not come in direct contact with Santa. We have constructed a sleigh that allows guests to meet and be photographed with Santa while maintaining a safe distance.
- Santa will take a short break each day between 11:30 – noon and will not be on the floor for pictures at that time.
New! Letters to Santa
As you explore the wonder and merriment, be sure to stop by Santa’s mailbox, located on the second floor in Kids Coast. Drop off your letter to Santa in our Aquarium-themed house, and you may even get a special message back.
Be sure to explore all sides of the house, and when you see a mitten symbol, simply wave your hand over it for a magical surprise!
New! Festive Photo Stations
Venture through the Aquarium to find fun, festive photo stations, perfect for selfies and group pictures. Remember to keep your mask on at all times and practice social distancing between groups.
Snap a photo with friends and family, and be sure to tag @southcarolinaaquarium when you post. We can’t wait to see your photos!
Feed the RAYndeer
You’ve heard of treats for Santa’s reindeer but what about fishy snacks for Santa’s RAYndeer? Feed the cownose rays by hand and give them a tasty treat daily from 10:15 a.m. through 4 p.m. each day, while supplies last.
Purchase a ray feeding voucher for $5 at the admission gate or information desk during your next visit.
Holiday Pop-Up Programming
We’re not the only ones celebrating the holiday season. Our animals are taking part in the festivities, too! Keep an eye out during your visit to see some of our animals enjoying new holiday decor in their environment, snacking on specially-made holiday fish pops or get the chance to meet a critter up-close on the floor!
Gifts that Give Back
‘Tis the season to spread meaningful merriment to your friends and family! Support the South Carolina Aquarium with gifts that give back all year long. Your purchases help us continue our mission of educating the conservationists of tomorrow and caring for the sea turtles who need us most today. No matter their interest, there’s a gift option for everyone on your list!