Join us in celebrating the planet that provides us with fresh air, clean water, and amazing animals every day – Earth! This Earth Day, we’re telling Mother Earth that we love her by throwing a fabulous Party for the Planet.
Stop by one of our Education Stations to get conservation tips from the experts. Learn about the effects of climate change on our world and what you can do about it. Discover the magic of South Carolina’s forests and how, together, we can sustain them for future generations.
Recycling isn’t just an easy way to take care of the planet – it’s fun, too! Use recycled wine corks to make a special craft while you’re at the Aquarium on Earth Day. Take it home with you, and every time you look at it, you’ll be reminded to do your part for the planet by recycling.
There are many steps you can take to protect Planet Earth not just on Earth Day, but throughout the year. Today is a great day to get started:
- Invest in an Earth-friendly reusable water bottle
- Switch to reusable grocery bags when you shop
- Use nontoxic household cleaners like baking soda, vinegar, lemon juice, and borax
- Opt out of receiving unwanted mail catalogs (https://www.catalogchoice.org/)
- Eat sustainable seafood from certified SSI partner restaurants (link to SSI)
- Visit the South Carolina Aquarium, a not-for-profit organization that’s committed to protecting the natural world!